"Whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue...think on these things" Phil. 4:8



Monday, July 11, 2011

I made a vow...

I read this today and I just had to share because it goes hand in hand with everything that I want this blog to convey...what it means to be a Proverbs 31 woman.
"She rewards him with good, not evil, all the days of her life" Proverbs 31:12
When I read this verse in my devotion time this morning, I knew I had to share it because I think this is something that every one of us struggles with. Have you ever thought about the vow that you made to your husband, before God? Have you ever realized that next to your vow to God, your husband is the only other one that you have made a vow to? A vow! Yes that means God first, husband second. It's tempting to let other people and things get ahead of this vow. Your children "need" you, your job "requires" your attention, your friends & parents "want" your free time. But you haven't made a vow to them! In Genesis 2 when God made Eve, he made her to be Adams "help-meet". The translation for the word used for help literally means "physician", to meet a need for someone that they CANNOT meet for themselves. Ladies, when God gave you to your husband, he had a plan. It wasn't for your fulfillment, but for his help.
I challenge you today to think about what it means to make a vow, and ask yourself the question "Am I helping my husband"? "Am I being true to the vow that I made"?  Remember that this is what God called you to do and he WILL equip you for whatever you need to do to be your husband's help-meet!

No comments:

Post a Comment