"Whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue...think on these things" Phil. 4:8



Wednesday, August 17, 2011

The God of all comfort

Well, we are back in the swing of things in the Harris household. The lazy days of summer have come and gone. The kids are back in school and this house seems extremely quiet.
Starting the new school year is always difficult...for me! I think the kids handle it better than I do. I am like a mother hen, I want my babies under my wings and in my reach at all times. I don't think anyone can take care of them but me! Crazy, I know. It seems especially hard this year because my "little girl" started high school! Monday when I dropped them off at school and returned to an empty house, I did a little crying and a lot of praying. And in the quietness, the Comforter reminded me that these precious children that I call "mine" and that I think "I" have to take care of, are not mine at all. They are His. He has been gracious enough to allow me to be their mother on this earth. And as hard as it is for me to wrap my mind around it, I have to remember that God loves these children more than I do. Yes, He loves them and He is going to take care of them!
"Blessed be God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies, and the God of ALL comfort." 2 Corinthians 1:3

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe Ryleigh is in 7th grade already. Time really does fly...and you do have precious children! I'm so glad God placed me in your path! :)

    ReplyDelete