"Whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue...think on these things" Phil. 4:8



Tuesday, August 7, 2012

A New Season

So I haven't posted in a year. It's been quite a year. It has had it's challenges, to say the least. But now it's a new season, and so what better time to write.
God has taken our family on a new path. My husband became the new pastor at New Victoria Baptist Church in Woodstock, GA., in July. This new path, although still ministry, is so different for our family. We are so thankful and excited that God has sent us here. We are all learning a different way of life. Although we are still in the South, and only two hours from where we grew up, it is so different. We are learning that sometimes God gives us new opportunities because He wants us to stretch ourselves and do some growing. Seven years ago when we moved to a little community called Chandler Springs, AL., we had to grow. God taught us so much while we served Him there. I am so thankful for that season in my life. I had to study His word like I had never studied before. I learned so much about what it means to have a real relationship with God. Now, seven years later, I am in a new season, a season where all things are new and different and out of my comfort zone. I know that is part of the reason for this season, I was getting comfortable! I even see that God is causing my children to move out of their comfort zone, and that is hard for a momma to watch her children endure. But I know that God not only has a calling on mine and John's lives, but on our kids as well. In the few weeks that we have been here, I have such a love for the people of New Victoria. I know that God is going to do great things in this season, and I am willing and ready to grow and learn what my part in His plan is.






No comments:

Post a Comment