"Whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue...think on these things" Phil. 4:8



Monday, July 4, 2011

The sights and sounds of freedom

On this 4th of July, I sit on the lawn at the park. I can hear the band in the distance, children running and playing, people laughing and enjoying themselves. I'm sitting here with my family, sipping on my Mello Yello, waiting for the fireworks show to begin. What a relaxing, wonderful time! As I sit here, I can't help but wonder why I was blessed enough to be born in America. There are so many things we take for granted, everyday. I want to soak it all up...all the sights and sounds that so many people would love the freedom to enjoy. But most of all, the freedom I have in Jesus. Because even with all the freedom that I can experience as an American, Jesus gives me a peace that only he can give and freedom from the condemnation of my sin that only He would give!

No comments:

Post a Comment